Wednesday, November 6, 2013

ORANGE ZEST & CONCORD GRAPE MUFFINS

I am back in the kitchen after several hectic months! The funny thing was...during the time that I was not able to cook and bake and be merry I was actually having dreams where I saw myself sleeping in the kitchen (I guess that's how much I missed it)! I am happy to say that I am back to my crazy in the kitchen self and I have whipped up the most magical muffins for you to try. I originally based this recipe off of an orange muffin recipe on the blog Against All Grain. As always they are grain free and sugar free...but don't let that scare you away - boy do they ever taste good. They are made with almond flour and coconut flour with a little freshly squeezed orange juice and concord grapes! If you don't have these sweet little grapes hanging around (which I'm sure most of you don't...I just happened to have several bags in the freezer) you can substitute frozen or fresh cranberries. I use big fresh medjool dates to sweeten these muffins and although I know that its the newest trend to use date sugar I prefer to use the food in its whole form. What's great about these muffins is you can throw all of the ingredients in the food processor and voila you have your batter. No need to mix wet and dry separately...this makes it easy! 

Orange Zest & Concord Grape Muffins



INGREDIENTS:
✿ 2 eggs
✿ 1/2 cup orange juice (squeeze your own! it's fun!)

✿ 2 1/2 cups blanched almond flour
✿ 8 medjool dates
✿ 1/2 cup coconut oil
✿ 1 tbsp coconut flour
✿ 2 tsp vanilla
✿ 3/4 tsp baking soda
✿ 1/2 tsp nutmeg
✿ 1/4 tsp sea salt
✿ 1 1/2 cups frozen concord grapes (or cranberries)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat your oven to 350 and grease a 12 cup muffin tin with olive or coconut oil. 
2) Place all of the ingredients in your food processor and blend until smooth. 
3) Scoop the batter into a bowl and mix in the frozen grapes or cranberries. 
4) Fill the muffin tins to the rim with batter.
5) Place the muffins in the oven for approximately 25 minutes (you may want to check them at the 20 minute mark). A toothpick should come out clean when stuck in the center. 
6) Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving.

HAVE YOURSELF A FABULOUS AND HAPPY DAY!

Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...