Tuesday, November 26, 2013

MORNING GLORY BUCKWHEAT GRANOLA

There is nothing quite like crunchy granola! I have had the dilemma over the last few years of not being able to come up with an adequate grain free granola recipe. A few years back I came up with a recipe for super awesome oat based granola which was very delicious for those around me to eat...but alas I was left out of the granola party. What I find super interesting about granola lately is it has become an adjective. More and more I hear people saying "Oh you're so granola". I like to take it as a compliment because granola is such a tasty and happy food. Today I am proudly "so granola" as I present to you a super nutty buckwheat granola recipe. 

Morning Glory Granola
**NOTE: I do not like my granola too sweet. If you like yours sweet I would add a tbsp or two of your favourite sweetener. 
INGREDIENTS:
✿ 2 cups raw buckwheat grouts
✿ 1 banana

✿ 1/4 cup apple sauce
✿ 1 mejdool date
✿ 2 tbsp water
✿ 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
✿ 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
✿ 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
✿ 1 cup grated carrot
✿ 1/4 cup almond flour
✿ 1 tbsp cinnamon
✿ 1 tsp vanilla extract
✿ 1/2 cup raisins
✿ 1/2 cup goji berries

INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Preheat the oven to 300 F. 
2) In a blender puree the banana, apple sauce, date and water until smooth.
3) Put the buckwheat into a large bowl and pour in the blended mixture. Stir until fully combined. 
4) Add pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut, grated carrot, almond flour, cinnamon and vanilla and stir to combine. 
5) Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture out evenly over the sheet. 
6) Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 45-50 minutes, stirring the granola ever 10 minutes to make sure that all sides are cooked through. 
7) Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and transfer the granola into a large bowl. Mix in the raisins and goji berries and allow to cool to room temperature. 
8) Store the granola in the cupboard in a large glass jar.
9) This granola should keep for about 2 months...but I doubt you will be able to hold off for that long! 

HAVE YOURSELF A FABULOUS AND HAPPY DAY!

Love,
Malakai

2 comments:

  1. This granola looks so good! Granola's one of those things that is so difficult to find a good one of in the stores (they're always so loaded with added sugars) -- I should definitely try making my own and this recipe sounds like a winner. I've actually featured it on my blog's Weekend Wrap-Up this week, and left the link below in case you're interested. Thank you for the recipe, and I hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

    http://www.floptimism.com/2013/12/weekend-wrap-up-on-track.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jessica! Thank you so much I am honoured. I totally agree that finding a good granola (especially a grain free one) is ridiculously hard! I checked out your blog and LOVE it! Keep up the good work and have a wonderful Sunday! Also if you are ever interested in exchanging guest posts I love to share fresh ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...