Saturday, October 19, 2013

COMFORTING PUMPKIN CHAGA LATTE

Happy belated Thanksgiving and an even happier almost Halloween! It's that time of year where all I can think about is curling up in a blanket with a warm drink and a book. I feel like a bear getting ready for hibernation this month - this time of year always reminds me about when I was in grade one and we had a classroom bear that we would prepare to put away in his cardboard box cave for the winter. To be honest I secretly really I wish that someday I will be lucky enough to get to curl up in a ball for a few months of the year too. So in the spirit of hibernation I have started to drink a lot of warming tea lattes. This recipe is made with chaga mushroom tea, an extremely healing mushroom which can be found as a fungal growth on birth trees. These drinks fulfill my need to feel like I'm in hibernation mode while boosting my energy and immune system. This pumpkin chaga latte is comforting and reminds me that although I am not a bear and can not sleep all winter, I do in fact need to prepare my body for the colder months. 

Pumpkin Chaga Latte
INGREDIENTS:
✿ 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
✿ 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice

✿ 1 tbsp hemp hearts
✿ 1 tbsp cashews (preferably soaked for 3 hours)
✿ 3 tbsp coconut milk
✿ 1 medjool date
✿ chaga mushroom tea (1 tsp chaga powder per 1 cup water)


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Make the chaga mushroom tea by bringing to a boil 1 cup water in a pot with 1 tsp chaga mushroom powder (ground chaga mushroom) and reducing to a simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain this liquid through a mesh bag or fine strainer. 
2) Combine the remaining ingredients with the chaga tea in a blender. 
3) Blend until creamy and serve.

I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely season!
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...