Saturday, January 26, 2013

KOMBUCHA STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRY

Kombucha Strawberry Daiquiry photo DSC_0233_zps257b4582.jpg
First off..you must must must try this! Second..I'm going to tell you a little story. The other week I went to pick up a few bottles of RISE Kombucha from their production house up in the Mile End. I had spoken to a member of their team and was expecting to show up, get a few Kombucha's to test and be one my way. Instead, I got a full tour of Kombucha World! I know that this may not be the most exciting thing for most...but for me it was a WHOOPEE moment! The people working for RISE Kombucha are just lovely. Don't know what the heck I'm talking about when I say Kombucha???...read below! I left the Kombucha tour with the four different flavors (ginger, blueberry maple, lemongrass and hibiscus rose hip) made by RISE in Montreal. I made the most delicious strawberry drink from the ginger Kombucha (it tastes better than a milkshake!) and boy oh boy is it worth a trip to your nearest Kombucha land to try out. 

WHAT'S THE DEAL WITH KOMBUCHA? 
✿ Kombucha is a naturally fermented tea 
✿ Discovered 2000 years ago!
✿ Kombucha is chock full of probiotic cultures!
✿ Some health benefits include: strengthening of the immune system, balancing of intestinal flora and stimulating digestion. 

KOMBUCHA STRAWBERRY DAIQUIRY
(Serves 2)

Kombucha Strawberry Daiquiry photo DSC_0247_zpsfc5a4a36.jpg KOMBUCHA photo DSC_0212_zps68a515e2.jpg
INGREDIENTS:
✿2 cups ginger white tea RISE KOMBUCHA
✿1 cup strawberries
✿3 tbsp aloe vera juice
✿1/4 cup hemp seeds
✿3 tbsp cashews
✿1 tbsp coconut oil


INSTRUCTIONS:
1) Place all the ingredients in a high power blender and blend until smooth!
2) Pour into glasses and enjoy!

RISE KOMBUCHA has a recipe here that you can try out and make your own Kombucha at home! It's on my to do list...I'll let you know how it goes.


Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Malakai

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks delicious!! I definitely must try it! Can you get Kombucha at a regular health food store?

    p.s. love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this recipe! I made it for my husband's birthday as he loves strawberries and kombucha. It was a hit with him and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had success with this recipe! Thanks for your feedback :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...