WHAT YOU NEED:
-vegetables (be creative...turnip,beet,parsnip,carrot,daikon radish,green beans,sweet potato...)
-olive oil and spices of choice
-a mandolin with an adjustable blade
-a pot of boiling water
-a pot of ice water
HOW TO DO IT:
1) Use your mandolin to cut the vegetables of choice into very thin slices.
2) Bring a pot of water to boil and place the sliced veggies in the pot for 2-3 minutes.
3) Strain the boiling water and transfer the vegetables into a bowl of ice water. Let the veggies sit in the ice water for 2-3 minutes.
4) Strain the ice water and transfer the veggies into an empty bowl.
5) Pour a small amount of olive oil and add a pinch of salt to the veggies + the additional spices of choice.
6) Massage the oil and spices into the veggies with your hands.
7) Prepare a teflex lined dehydrator sheet (or 2,3..) and place the slices one by one onto the tray.
8) Dehydrate the veggies at 120-130 for 8-12 hours or until they reach your desired crispness (you may want to flip them half way through).
9) Store the chips in an airtight container or eat them all right away!
HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY!