HOLIDAY MILLET MASH
✿125 mg millet
✿175 mg water
✿2 cups chopped kale (or baby kale)
✿1 cup mashed sweet potato (1 small sweet potato)
✿1 red pepper chopped
✿1/2 lemon juiced
✿1/2 tsp sea salt
✿1/2 tsp cinnamon
✿3 drops liquid stevia (NuNatural Brand)
*You can use 1/2 a tsp of honey or maple syrup instead.
1) Measure out millet and water into a medium size pot. Bring the water to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally so that the millet doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
2) Peel and chop the sweet potato. Place the chopped sweet potato in a steam basket and steam until very tender. Transfer the sweet potato into a bowl and mash.
3) Chop the red pepper and kale and toss them together in a medium size salad bowl. Add the 1 cup of mashed sweet potato and stir with a fork until combined.
4) Once cooked, add the millet to the mix and once again stir stir stir.
5) Finally, add the lemon juice, sea salt, cinnamon and stevia (or other sweetener).
6) Mix up your mash and serve!
Have a smiley weekend!