Friday, November 2, 2012

EASY PEASY PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE................... (ALL GOOD THINGS COME IN 2's)

Today my friends, we are exploring the world of carob. To be perfectly honest, I have never used carob before! I fell in love with cacao several years ago and did not have the need for a chocolate-like ingredient when I had the real goods. That being said, I wanted to experiment with carob since it is said to be like chocolate without the stimulant effects from the caffeine and without the chemical which tends to cause migraines. I will say...it isn't the same as chocolate...but it's pretty good. I made this recipe really quickly (literally it takes 2 minutes) and the fun thing about it is it is easy to remember because all of the ingredients come in 2's. Just remember 2 tbsp of everything and you are good to go!
What the heck is carob?
-carob comes from the pods of the carob tree which grows in the Mediterranean
-it was believed that John the Baptist sustained himself using the carob bean
-it is known as the healthy alternative to chocolate as it is caffeine free
-carob is also free from phenylethylamine which is known to trigger migraines in chocolate
-carob is rich in protein, antioxidants and fiber 
2 MINUTE PEANUT BUTTER FUDGE
Makes 12 mini cups


Ingredients:
-2 tbsp peanut butter (or almond butter)
-2 tbsp coconut oil
-2 tbsp carob powder (or cacao powder)
-2 tbsp agave/maple syrup/raw honey
-2 tbsp crushed walnuts
-*mini muffin cups/candy cups

Instructions:
1) Mix all of the ingredients together in a medium size bowl until well combined.
2) Scoop a small amount of the mixture into each mini cup.
3) Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4) Eat up! 

SONG OF THE DAY:
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love,
Malakai

2 comments:

  1. Tried this today - beyond delicious! Definitely addicting. I used cocoa powder since I tried carob powder once in a different recipe and didn't like it... could just be a bad brand though or a bad recipe I had used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Renee! Great to hear back from you. I agree with you that carob can have an interesting taste that isn't for everyone. I often prefer cacao myself! Perhaps I will add a note to this recipe that cacao is also an option.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...