Wednesday, October 3, 2012

THIS LATTE IS JUST DANDY!

Happy October! I haven't been posting very much lately partially because I've been quite busy and partially because I'm in a creative slump (as I can't eat a whole lot right now). The happy news however is that I am slowly reintroducing foods so I think my recipe creative juices will begin to flow soonish. I have rediscovered an amazing thing and I want to share it with you! Several summers ago I was in France working on an organic farm and every morning we had grain coffee made from barley and rye. I'm not a coffee drinker but I fell in love with grain coffee that summer. I haven't had it since I've been off gluten and so I was delighted when I found Dandy Blend which is gluten free (because the gluten is extracted from the grains during processing). It's made of Dandelion Root,Chicory,Barley,Rye and Beet Root and is so so yummy. I made this "thanksgiving -esque" latte yesterday which reminds me of the spiced lattes you get at Starbucks around this time of year. Try it! Especially you coffee drinkers, this is so much better for you. 
BENEFITS OF DANDELION ROOT:
-antioxidant rich
-vitamins A,C,D,B and Iron,Zinc& Potassium
-nourishing for the liver and kidneys
-digestive aid
THE DANDIEST LATTE! 
Ingredients:
-1 cup almond milk
-1 heaping tsp Dandy Blend
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1 drop liquid stevia (or 1/2 - 1 tsp raw honey)

Instructions:
1) Heat the almond milk in a small pan. 
2) Stir in the Dandy Blend, cinnamon and nutmeg.
3) Add sweetener and stir until combined.
4) Sip away!
 
Hope your day is as Dandy as this sweet sweet drink! 
Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...