Sunday, September 2, 2012

GRAIN FREE CRACKER RECIPE!

I have tried making every type of cracker imaginable and failed miserably multiple times. These are great...and I'm not just saying that cause I made them. They are super easy if you have a dehydrator and although I haven't tried them in an oven on a low heat if you are gutsy I would love to know if they turn out just as well. I got this recipe from the Rawtarian and have kept true to the original recipe except that I added olive oil to make it blend into a smoother batter. I topped mine with roasted red pepper dip (but that is a recipe I will save for another time because it's still being perfected). 
GRAIN FREE CRACKERS
*Inspired by the Rawtarian
Ingredients:
-1 cup almonds (soaked for 2 hrs)
-1 cup sunflower seeds  (soaked for 2hrs)
-1 cup walnuts (soaked for 2hrs)
-1 tomato (medium sized)
-1 cup red onion (chopped)
-3 tbsp flax seeds
-2 tsp sea salt 
-1/4 cup olive oil
Instructions:
1) Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2) Divide the mixture onto two teflex lined dehydrator sheets and spread thin (until the mixture is evenly spread to all four edges).
3) Dehydrate for 10 hrs at 105. After the 10 hrs flip the crackers and dehydrate again for another 8-10 hrs or until desired crunchiness. (You could turn the heat up or try them in the oven at a low temperature to make the process go faster). 

Have a wonderful evening!
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...