The title of this one says it all...and yes something this fabulous sounding is very possible. Last year when Simon and I were moving things were so hectic that we didn't have any groceries for at least 2 days...luckily we had about 50 or so of these in the freezer and that got us through the mid winter move. These are probably one of the more accepted healthy treats I have come across in terms of serving them to friends and family. Stuff them with any nut butter you want and keep any left over chocolate for a chocolate peanut butter cup! Forget why raw chocolate is so good for you?...check back here.
CHOCOLATE COVERED NUT BUTTER STUFFED DATES!
-15 medjool dates
-nut butter of choice
-1/4 cup cacao
-1/4 cup coconut oil
-2 tbsp cacao butter
-2 tbsp liquid sweetener (honey,maple syrup,agave...)
1) Pit dates by gently opening them on one side.
2) Fill dates with nut butter and shut the open side of the date closed. Place the filled dates on a tray in the freezer for about 20 min.
3) Make the chocolate by creating a double boiler with a small bowl over a pot of boiling water. In the bowl melt together the cacao, coconut oil, cacao butter and sweetener.
4) Remove the dates from the freezer. Individually dip the date into the chocolate mixture with a spoon and place onto a non stick or parchment lined tray. Repeat until all of the dates have been dipped. Place the tray in the freezer for another 15 minutes. In the meantime place the chocolate back onto the pot of boiling water to keep warm.
5) Remove the dates from the freezer and repeat step #4 so you are double dipping the chocolate. Place back in the freezer for about 30 minutes and enjoy.