Happy first day of Fall! Well really it was yesterday but I'm celebrating a day late. This morning Simon and I went on a walk early down to the market and they had all of the mini pumpkins and gourds out which makes me oh so very happy. Fall is my favourite time of year. It's not too hot, not too cold and everything smells wonderful. Plus when it comes to cooking we can actually begin to use the stove again because it won't make the apartment feel like 100 degrees. Since we are back in full school swing breakfast has become quite boring (oatmeal, eggs, green juice...). Simon was about to put on oatmeal this morning but I stopped him and instead made these. Super duper yummy.
AUTUMN APPLE CINNAMON PANCAKES
-3 tbsp coconut flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1/2 tsp cinnamon
-1 apple chopped
-3 tbsp raisins
-1/2 cup coconut milk
-2 tsp agave
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tbsp coconut oil
1) Whisk the dry ingredients (except apple and raisins) in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another bowl.
2) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3) Fold in apples and raisins.
4) Heat a pan on medium/low heat for several minutes. Pour a small amount of coconut or olive oil onto the pan.
5) Scoop about 2 tbsp of the batter onto the pan for each pancake.
6) These are not like normal pancakes so it will bubble right away but that doesn't mean its ready to flip. Wait about 3-5 minutes for each pancake and flip. Flipping can be a tad difficult (I use two spatulas). Cook on the other side for a minute or two.
7) Serve with maple syrup and boiled apples (1 apple,1/4 cup
water,1 tbsp sucanat, 1 tsp
Happy Song of the Day....