The rain finally came! We are sooooo happy. The heat was beginning to drive me a little mad. Yesterday Mary had a very good system which was to stuff ice cubes in her mouth in 3 minute intervals throughout the day. I didn't really have a system other than getting really grouchy, standing in front of the air conditioner (which seemed to do nothing) and make really cold food. We spent the evening eating ice cubes, watching gilmore girls, eating more ice cubes, watching more gilmore girls, eating this ice cream while watching gilmore girls followed by more ice cubes. The heat has now passed but I'm sure it will come back soon enough so keep this one handy for the next heat wave...
TANGO WITH SOME MANGO ICE CREAM!!!
(Makes 3-4 servings)
|Simon and his gigantic bowl of icecream|
-1 large mango
-1/2 cup soaked cashews
-3/4 cup almond milk
-2 tbsp raw honey (or other sweetener such as maple syrup)
-1 tbsp soy lecithin
1) Soak cashews for 3-4 hours prior to use.
2) Peel and chop mango.
3) Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
4) Place the mixture in a bowl in the fridge for about 1 hour or
|Moo digs in...neither of my models seem to like smiling|
5) Pour into an ice cream maker and leave on for aprox 40 min. Alternatively you can pour the mixture into ice cube trays and partially freeze (blending it afterwards in a food processor or high power blender).
6) *If you used an ice cream maker place the ice cream maker container in the freezer for about 30 - 40 minutes until the ice cream reaches desired hardness.
7) Eat it up! Delicious
Because we are sooo thankful for the rain today....