Wednesday, August 1, 2012

SUMMER SWEET POTATO SALAD

I'm starting to feel like summer is almost over...the fall is looking quite busy this year and seeing as it will be our last fall in Montreal there are so so many things that I want to do. In light of this I am going to attempt to check as many things off my montreal bucket list as possible in the next month, make as many salads as possible while summer lasts and begin to prepare for the busy busy busyness of September. Simon and I have also made it our mission to have as many picnics as possible before summer ends. I don't know if you caught my new bike basket which I am very happy with and with which I used to carry our last picnic which included this salad recipe. This is one of the easiest and more filling salads that I have made. If you want it to be a full meal you could even add some cooled quinoa. 
SUMMER SWEET POTATO SALAD (serves 4)
Ingredients:
-2 large sweet potatoes (peeled)
-6 carrots (peeled)
-1/4 cup green onion
-1/4 cup cilantro
-juice from 2 limes
-1to 2 tsp chili flakes
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1 tsp sea salt
Instructions:
1) Peel the sweet potatoes and carrots. Chop them into relatively small bite size pieces.
2) Place the veggies in a steaming basket and steam until tender but not mushy.
3) Allow the veggies to cool on the counter for aprox 5-10 min. Once cooled a bit transfer them to a bowl and place in the fridge for 30 min. 
4) While waiting, in a small bowl mix together the lime juice, olive oil sea salt and chili flakes. 
4) Remove the veggies from the fridge and in a large bowl mix in the cilantro and green onion.
5) Pour the dressing over the salad, mix and serve!

SONG OF THE DAY!
*I know I shouldn't be thinking of September yet...but I can't help it!
HAVE A WONDERFUL FIRST DAY OF AUGUST!
LOVE,
MALAKAI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...