So the daily/bi-daily blog posts are starting to become weekly blog posts as I'm taking vacation time for summer and starting what may be perhaps the busiest fall for me yet (I'm taking a credit overload in order to finish school in time to move with Simon next year and go to nutrition/acupuncture school!). Anywho...we have had these "tacos" twice now in the last week and they are becoming one of my favourites. I like them because since you aren't eating loads of tortilla you can eat so many more before being full. You can also put whatever you want in them. The only thing to make sure of is that you are using the inside of pieces of the romaine lettuce (the crunchy ones), the outer leaves don't have the same result. Serve them with the salad below and voila your meal is complete.
CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAP TACOS
-*Chicken Breast Strips (Happy Organic Chicken)
-Crunchy Lettuce Leaves
*You can replace the chicken with mashed chickpeas or lentils, tofu or tempeh strips.
1) Break of the inner leaves of your romaine lettuce (the crunchy ones).
2) Fill them with the onions, chicken and salsa.
-1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
-1/2 cup halved baby tomatoes
-2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
-1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tbsp olive oil
1) Chop all ingredients and place them in a food processor. Pulse a few times until combined but still chunky.
GREATEST GREEN SALAD
-2 cups chopped and steamed green beans
-1/2 big cucumber chopped
-1/2 cup chopped Canadian parsley
-2 tbsp chopped red onion
-Juice from 1.5 lemons
-1/4 tsp salt
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-sunflower and hemp seeds to sprinkle
1) Chop and steam green beans. Place them in the fridge once steamed so that they can cool.
2) Chop remaining ingredients.
3) Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl and serve.
Have a Wonderful Day!