Tuesday, August 14, 2012

BEET BROWNIES = BRILLIANT!!


I feel like I have been working on these brownies for ever! My first attempt was two years ago when I tried making sweet potato brownies and feed them to friends (it was a disaster and they were not very appetizing). I refused until now to try this concept again because I was so embarrassed by my initial attempts. I tried once again two or three weeks ago and it sort of worked but they came out more like a cupcake and then last week I tried and they came out a bit too mushy. So after much trial and error...I give you the bestest, healthiest brownies there could be. Please don't be scared of the beets - they actually give it this red glow which reminds me of red velvet cake...you could say that these are red velvet brownies. 
RED VELVET BROWNIES

DRY INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup ground walnuts
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup sucanat
5 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tbsp ground flax
1/4 tsp baking soda
WET INGREDIENTS:
4 tbsp cacao butter
1 tbsp + 1 tsp agave or maple syrup or raw honey
4 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup pureed beets (3 small beets)

INSTRUCTIONS:
*Preheat Oven to 350
1) Cook the beets in boiling water until tender
2) Meanwhile, grind 1/2 cup of walnuts in a coffee grinder or food processor.
3) Mix all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl. 
4) When the beets have cooked run them under cold water and peel.
6) Create a "double boiler" by placing a metal bowl on top of a pot of boiling water. Place the cacao butter in the bowl and wait until it melts. 
5) Chop the beets and place them in a high power blender or food processor with the remaining wet ingredients. 
7) Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and combine thoroughly.
8) Grease a mini muffin tin and scoop the mixture into each cup. 
9) Place in the oven for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.
10) Cool and Consume!

Happy Song of the day: 
*This one my little sister and I loved so much a few years back that we knew the whole choreography. 
*Embarrassing - but Rachel Berry from Glee reminds me a little bit of myself.  (don't tell anyone that though). 
*Walking on Sunshine is also my go to anti anxiety song (I listen to it before exams or interviews...I even listened to it before my final hour long class "exam" so to speak in my yoga teacher training). 
Have a beautiful day!
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...