WHEN OATS DATE WALNUTS COOKIESIngredients: (Makes 8)
-1 cup brown rice flour
-1/2 cup whole oats
-1/3 cup sucanat
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1/2 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tbsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 2 tbsp water (or 1 egg)
Instructions:*Preheat the oven to 350.
1) Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
2) In a separate bowl smoosh the banana and add the remaining wet ingredients mixing thoroughly.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and combine. You may need to get your hands into the batter. It shouldn't be liquidy.
4) With your hands "massage" in 8 chopped fresh dates and 1/4 cup crushed walnuts.
5) Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment and roll the dough into small balls,placing them on the cookie sheet and gently pressing them down a bit.
6) Place them in the oven at 350 for 12 minutes. They will still be soft when you take them out. Allow them to fully cool.
SONG OF THE WEEKEND:
HAVE A FABULOUS EVENING,