Wednesday, July 11, 2012

VEGGIE BURGERS!

Wowsie these are my first real veggie burgers that I have ever ever made! They are yummy yummy. Guess what they are made of...yes that's right vegetables, and lots of them! The veggie burgers that you often buy from the store are made of soy or other similar things. Yves calls their burgers "meatless beef burgers"...now if I were to buy that at the store I would have no idea what it is made out of without looking at the ingredients. Turns out it is made of textured soy protein among other things. I have issues with the naming and labeling of most grocery products and seriously I think that if a burger is made of soy then it should be called a Soy Burger...so you know what its made of! Yes I know that they are made for vegetarians but I think that the name is rather misleading. Any who I made Veggie Burgers and going on what I believe labeling should be...I call them veggie burgers because they are made of veggies. These burgers are adapted from the Crudessence Cookbook. 
So enough of me babbling...without further adieu: 
VEGGIE BURGERS MADE FROM REAL VEGGIES...NO WAY!
 Ingredients:
-1 cup dried tomatoes
-1 medium zucchini
-2 cups mushrooms
-1 cup red onion
-4 carrots
-1 cup red pepper
-3 tbsp tamari
-1 tbsp rosemary
-2 tbsp oregano
-1 tsp ground pepper
-1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
-1 cup ground flax seed
Instructions:
1) Chop all ingredients and then blend them together in a higher power blender. If it doesn't blend right away then add a little bit of water. *if you don't have a high power blender use a food processor.
2) On a teflex lined dehydrator sheet or a parchment lined cookie sheet take about 1/2 a cup of the mixture and press them down shaping them with your hands until they become burgers. 
3) Either put the sheet in the dehydrator at 105 for about 8 hours flipping them half way through onto the mesh....or...Place the cookie sheet in the oven at it's lowest setting (200 degrees) for 3-4  hours flipping the burgers on the parchment sheet half way through!
4) Yay Veggie Burgers how fabulous! :) Makes me smile. 


TRY THIS TRY THIS TRY THIS! 
It's worth it and a great alternative to bbq-ing. 
Love,
Malakai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...