Monday, July 23, 2012

SKIP THE LARA BARS.....................TRY THESE: SNACKS WITH SIMON

I need feeding every hour. I don't have a full meal every hour (that would be excessive), so I look for super power packed snacks. Buying Cliff or Lara bars like I usually do can be expensive-even at Costco. I know Cliff bars are named after the guy's father Clifford and Lara bars are similarly named after the creator and so...my bars are named after me. These ones are more economical and better tasting. Definitely my newest addition to "Simon's Snack Repertoire". 
"SIMON BARS" FROM SCRATCH
Ingredients:
-8 fresh dates (pitted)
-1/2 cup coconut butter
-1/4 raw cashews
-1/4 cup almond butter
-1 tbsp vanilla
-1/4 cup water
-2 tbsp hemp seeds + 1 tbsp to sprinkle
-1 tbsp chia seeds
-1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
Instructions:
1) In a high power blender or food processor combine --> coconut butter, dates, cashews, almond butter, vanilla and water. Mix until smooth and not clumpy. 
2) Transfer the mixture into a bowl and stir in the 2tbsp hemp seeds, chia seeds and coconut. 
3) Line a bread pan with parchment paper (I do just the bottom part) and scoop the mixture into the pan using your hands to press it down until it forms an even layer. 
4) Sprinkle the remaining tbsp (or more) of hemp seeds on top and gently press them in with your hands.
5) Place the bread pan in the freezer for 40 minutes. Remove from freezer and cut into bars. Place the pan into the fridge for another hour or two. 
6) After this time you can remove the bars from the pan and store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
*Note: if you are worried about them sticking together wrap them individually in parchment (I find any cling wrap sticks to them too much). 
Until next time,
Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...