Tuesday, July 31, 2012

QUINOA VEGGIE BURGERS

 
Today Simon and I were walking from a store out of downtown and we past a Burger King (the first one I have seen in ages...they don't seem to exist downtown Montreal). I proceeded to name off all of the signature Burger King items I could remember from when I was little....but apparently according to Simon I don't know my Burger King menu well at all as I listed everything from Wendy's to A&W. Aren't they all the same thing? Icky icky food? I was not embarrassed to be uneducated about Burger King..truthfully I don't know much about fast food. What I do know is that we made these burgers the other night and boy did they turn out amazing...I bet you I could have a burger off with Burger King. 
 QUINOA VEGGIE BURGERS
(Makes 8 Veggie Burgers)
 Ingredients:
-1 cup dry quinoa cooked
-1 cup chopped veg (3 carrots, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 red pepper, 1/2 tomatoe)
-1 small onion chopped
-1/2 cup sunflower seeds (crushed)
-1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (crushed)
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro

-1 tbsp tamari
-2 tsp dried basil

-1/2 tsp sea salt
-dash of cayenne
-1/4 cup sweet potatoe flour
-1/3 cup + a little if needed brown rice flour (you want it to still be very sticky but moldable)
-2 eggs


 Instructions:
1) Cook the quinoa.
2) Chop all the vegetables very finely (you could put them in a food processor for this).
3) Mix all of the ingredients together in a large bowl and thoroughly mix.
4) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Form the mixture into small patties and place them on the cookie sheet. Press them down slightly and mold so they are circular.
5) Bake at 375 for 15 minutes. Flip and bake for another 15 minutes.
***Serve with raw mayo and caramelized onions.
Have a lovely evening,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...