Sunday, July 15, 2012

DELICIOUSLY SIMPLE DEVILED EGGS

For some reason I have always loved deviled eggs. I really am not sure why as they seem like a very weird food to me. Any who last week I had a super huge craving for deviled eggs and so I made some. I would have liked to make them prettier and spent a good hour or two looking for the icing bag tops that make pretty patterns but they were so expensive I figured it wasn't worth it! So my deviled eggs are perhaps not the prettiest I have ever seen but they are tasty and much better for you than the ones that use icky mayo. Perhaps one day I will have enough money to spend $30.00 on icing tools to make my deviled eggs look pretty but for now I think I will have to pass. As I have mentioned before it's super duper important to use happy eggs which come from happy hens of course. For the mixture I used the raw mayo that I have made before for my chicken salad stuffed cucumbers and it worked  perfectly. 
 DELICIOUS DEVILED EGGS
 Ingredients:
-6 hard boiled happy eggs
-4 tbsp raw mayonnaise recipe (see below)
-sprinkle of paprika
RAW MAYONNAISE: 
(makes more than needed..try it in this recipe..)
-1 cup hazelnuts (or macadamia nuts) soaked for a few hours.
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1/2 cup water
-1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tsp italian spice
-pinch of cayenne
Instructions:
1) Boil the eggs by placing them in a pot covered with water and bringing the water to a boil. Once the water is boiling cover the pot and leave them to sit with no heat for about 10-15 minutes. When finished put them in a bowl of cold water for aprox 5 min (this will make them easier to peel).
2) Peel eggs and cut them in half length wise. Carefully remove the yolk and place the yolks in a medium size bowl - keeping the egg whites on a separate plate.
3) Prepare the raw mayonnaise recipe above.
4) Mix 4 tbsp of the raw mayonnaise with the egg yolks. Use a fork to thoroughly combine. 
5) Scoop the yolk/mayo mixture into a small ziplock bag. Cut a small hole in one corner of the bag and use this hole to squeeze the mixture into each egg white half. 
6) Fill all of the egg whites with the mayo mixture.
7) Sprinkle a little bit of paprika over each egg and voila - finito!
AND THE HAPPY SONG OF THE WEEKEND IS.......
 Happy Sunday!
 Love,
Malakai


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...