Oh my goodness check this out - Green Tea Ice Cream that is Dairy Free and Sugar Free (if you want it to be). Yesterday I talked about a Super Power Ingredient called Matcha which is the whole green tea leaf ground up into a crazy healthy powder. Last night I used the help of this Super Hero food to create a delectable frozen treat. Please note that you do not need an Ice Cream maker to make this...there are other ways to do it (see below). This ice cream tastes just like a green tea ice cream you would get at a gourmet shop - yes it is that good. You have probably already guessed that I refuse to make dessert that is not good for you and this ice cream is no exception. It is filled with antioxidant and energy boosting goodness and is great for anyone with any food intolerances (as always).
-1 400ml can organic coconut milk (full fat)
-1/3 cup sweetener of choice (xylitol (sugar free), sucanat, honey)
-2 egg yolks
-1 heaping tbsp matcha powder
-1 tbsp soy lecithine
1) In a pot whisk together the coconut milk, sweetener of choice and egg yolks over medium heat until combined. Make sure if you are using sucanat or xylitol that the sweetener is completely dissolved.
2) Continue to stir the mixture until it becomes slightly thicker than the original mix.
3) Turn off the heat off and take place the pot in a larger pot of ice cold water so that it can cool down a bit for about 5 min.
4) Place the pot in the fridge for about an hour or until the mixture is cold.
5) Mix the coconut milk mixture with the matcha powder and soy lecithine in a high power blender. Transfer this mixture into a bowl and refrigerate again for 1-2 hours.
6) ICE CREAM MAKER: transfer mixture to icecream maker as instructed.
ICE CUBE TRAYS: transfer mixture to ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen blend in a high power blender.
FREEZER: Place the bowl in the freezer and mix every 20 minutes for several hours or until desired frozenness.
7) Eat up!
And our happy song of the day is.......
Kooks: She Move In Her Own Way