Sunday, June 17, 2012

SUMMER QUINOA SALAD WITH SIMON

Malakai has been so creative with salads lately that I thought I would give it a try. Salad also starts with S so it is appropriate that I expand my repertoire beyond soups. Malakai had two exams yesterday, so I made her a salad for in between. It took me a long time to figure a recipe out, but I think its pretty tasty. Quinoa is good because it is a grain that is a complete protein so it fills you up.
SUMMER QUINOA SALAD
Ingredients
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 10 "small" tomatoes, sliced in halves or quarters
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- the juice of 2 limes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
Instructions
1) Rinse and then cook the quinoa.
2) While the quinoa is cooking, rinse and cook the black beans
3) Chop up the pepper, onion, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro.
4) Mix together the lime juice, olive oil and cumin.
5) The quinoa and the beans should now be fully cooked. Remove them from the stove and let them cool.
6) Mix everything together in a large salad bowl.
Until next time,
Simon


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...