Monday, June 11, 2012

OH THE JOYS OF HEALTHY COOKIES!

There is nothing better than a healthy cookie! I made up this concoction yesterday in hopes that it would taste good and I would find a new way to use my almond pulp from making almond milk! My tasting expert Simon tested these babies and rated them 8.5 / 10 which is pretty darn good given his standards. The best thing about these cookies is that they are raw so they hold onto all of the goodness of the fresh ginger in them. Ginger is a powerful healing tool and I think should be consumed daily- not only when you have a sore throat or a flu. Ginger has anti inflammatory and anti microbial properties which help to keep your whole body in good working order. Ginger is great for upset stomachs, motility, nausea and if taken daily can help to keep away common colds and flu. 

On another note....I am going to share with you my favourite Nutritionista blogger who is giving away a great great prize today. Her name is Meghan Telpner, you have probably seen me mention her before. If I had an idol it would be her. She is starting a new program for easy meal prep through an online course and is giving one away! Of course I want to win and if you want me to win too then comment on my blog post and I will get more entries :) But I will offer it out to any of you who would be interested too. Check out this blog post of her's and scroll to the bottom for details on how to enter the contest. 

OATMEAL GINGER SNAP RAW COOKIES
Ingredients:
                                                        -1/3 cup chopped ginger
                                                        -2 1/2 cups water 
                                                        -1 cup sucanat
                                                        -3 cups almond pulp
                                                        -1 cup flax meal
                                                        -2 cups rolled oats
                                                        -1 tbsp cinnamon
    Instructions:
1) Blend chopped ginger, water and sucanat in a high power blender.
2) Add almond pulp, flax meal and cinnamon and blend.
3) Transfer to a bowl and mix in the rolled oats.
4) On a dehydrator sheet or parchment lined cookie tray scoop the batter and  
     press it down until it forms a cookie shape (remember it won't rise).
5) Top with whatever you have on hand (goji berries, hemp seeds, chia seeds)
6) Place in the dehydrator at 115 or in the oven at the lowest setting for about 
     4 hours then flip and peel off the sheet or parchment paper and place back
     in the oven or dehydrator for another 5-6 hours.  
LOADS OF LOVE ON THIS BEAUTIFUL SUNSHINY DAY,
MALAKAI

2 comments:

  1. They were really good and they are a Simon approved snack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Simon for approving my snacks :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...