Tuesday, June 26, 2012

LET'S MAKE MUFFINS!!!!

Healthy meal planning while away from home can be very challenging. I have become quite a pro myself after several extended weekends away in the last few months. Usually I find that baking in advance and bringing lots of treatsies helps with the mid day hunger dips and ensures that I'm not tempted by foods that I know would make my body angry with me. This past weekend Simon and I were away and I made these Carrot Muffins which are yum yum yummy. Lets just say that they went very quickly and next time I will make more to ensure that I have enough snackies for everyone!
ALMOND FLOUR CARROT MUFFINS
Ingredients:
-2 cups almond flour 
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 tsp sea salt
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-1 tsp nutmeg
-1/2 tsp all spice
-1/2 tsp cloves
-1/2 tsp ginger
-3/4 cup chopped walnuts
-1/2 cup raisins (optional)
-1/4 cup coconut oil
-2 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup or sucanat or xylitol
-1 cup shredded carrot
Instructions
*Preheat the oven to 350
1) Combine all dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
2) In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and add coconut oil, sweetener of choice and shredded carrot.
3) Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
4) Pour the mixture into olive oil greased muffin tin or paper lined muffin cups. (remember they will rise a bit). 
5) Place the muffin tin in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes.
6) Take muffins out when a toothpick comes out of the center clean. Cool on a drying rack.
7) Share with your friends!
SONG OF THE DAY
My Head Banging Dancing Song for:
Sarah who loved these muffins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...