I am a huge fan of chocolate! Since I started making my own I have become a bit of a chocoholic. I made this ice cream keeping those who do not have an ice cream machine in mind. It comes out tasting just like the real thing though I must warn you that the texture is a bit different - a little more icy. I have discovered the key to freezer ice cream is putting a little bit of alcohol in it to keep it scoopable. I used whisky but you could also use rum or vodka. This ice cream is dairy free and sugar free if you want it to be by using xylitol. I have even detailed how to make your own chocolate chips. So go for it..you don't need anything special to make this one and its a great recipe for when you are feeling like indulging in some chocolate bliss.The great thing about this recipe is it won't leave you feeling guilty or sick to your stomach! I had a little bit for breakfast :S...don't tell.
|Simon Staring in Awe at My wonderful Chocolate Creation|
MACHINELESS CHOCOLATE FUDGE ICE CREAMIngredients:
-4 tbsp raw cacao powder
-7 tbsp xylitol or 6 tbsp raw honey
-1 can coconut milk
-3 tbsp coconut oil
-1 tbsp vanilla
-2 tbsp rum or vodka or whisky
-pinch of sea salt
-1 egg yolk
-1/4 cup chopped walnuts
-1 cup homemade chocolate chips (see below)
1) In a pot on medium heat mix together the cacao powder, xylitol or honey and coconut milk. Stir until thoroughly combined and a consistent colour.
2) In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, vanilla, alcohol of choice, sea salt and egg yolk.
3) Pour the coconut milk mixture into the egg mixture and stir until combined.
4) Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the freezer. After 1 hour stir the mixture. After another hour stir the mixture again and add the walnuts and chocolate chips. Leave covered in the freezer overnight or for 6-8 hours before serving.
5) Become a chocoholic like me!
Chocolate Chip Ingredients:
-1/3 cup raw cacao powder
-3 tbsp coconut oil
-1/4 cup cacao butter
-1 tbsp sweetener
1) In a make shift double boiler (metal bowl over a pot of boiling water) combine all ingredients until melted and consistent in texture.
2) Pour this mixture into a rubber non stick shallow pan or a pan covered in plastic wrap.
3) Place in the freezer for about 30-40 minutes (you want it to be really hard)
4) Take out of the freezer and break the chocolate up into little pieces. Leave in the freezer until use.
Have a wonderful day!