Thursday, May 24, 2012

OH WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THAT JUICE PULP??


I make a lot of juice...like a lot. It's one of my staple foods and I love love love it. There is one dilemma I always have when juicing though....what do I do will all that juice pulp!? I have tried making crackers, I've tried making dips and spreads out of pulp and have never been completely satisfied. The best thing to do with juice pulp I have found...is to make muffins. Now you can try this with any juice pulp however I have had some interesting experience trying to make muffins with the pulp from kale and spinach and lets just say I would not recommend it. Carrots and beets are awesome for making muffins...same thing goes for almost any fruit. If you are courageous and make muffins out of some weird green looking juice pulp and make something that is delicious please let me know as I have yet to figure that one out. These muffins are super filling and very very filled with fiber so drink lots of water with them. Don't worry if you don't have a juicer see the instructions below for making juice in the blender..all you need is a nut sack (just like when we were milking almonds you just milk the blended veggies). 

CARROT BEET LEMON GINGER JUICE

Ingredients:
-3 carrots
-2 beets
-1 lemon
-piece of ginger (1 tbsp worth)

Instructions (If you don't have a juicer see step 2):
1) Juice all ingredients in your juicer and save the pulp for the recipes below.....OR......

2) Make the juice in your blender by blending the carrots first with a little bit of water and then adding the rest of the ingredients and processing until everything is mixed. Finally squeeze the blended mixture through a nut milk bag to get all the pulp out. Save the pulp for the recipe below. 




SAVE THE PULP...TRY THE RECIPE BELOW OR MAKE UP YOUR OWN!



CARROT BEET LEMON GINGER JUICE MUFFINS

Ingredients:
-2 cups pulp
-1/2 cup gluten free flour mix (I use bob's red mill)
-1/2 cup buckwheat flour
-1/2 cup raisins
-2 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 cup juice (carrot beat lemon ginger)
-2 eggs
-1/3 cup maple syrup

-1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:
*preheat the oven to 350
1) Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
2) Grease a muffin tin with olive oil or coconut oil
3) Scoop about 2 tbsp worth of muffin batter into each muffin tin
4) Put in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes
5) Cool and Eat!





What do you do with your juice pulp? I would love to know!
Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...