Try these! They are a great way to munch some crunchy vegetables. Zucchinis are high in folate, potassium and vitamins C and A and if you eat these chips with hummus you will reap the wonderful benefits of chickpeas too - which are a great source of protein. You can make them in a dehydrator or in the oven....and please try to be more careful that I was when cutting thinly sliced zucchini :S
1) Cut the zucchinis into thin slices (about 1/4 inch).
2) Place zucchini slices into a bowl and mix with a little bit of olive oil, sea salt, thyme and oregano to taste (or experiment with your own spices).
3) Spread the zucchini slices on a dehydrator sheet or parchment lined cookie sheet.
4) Either dehydrate at 115 overnight or bake at 200 degrees F for 1.5 - 2 hours (flipping them half way through if you are baking them).
5) Serve with dips and enjoy!
-19oz can of chickpeas
-2 cloves garlic (pressed)
-4 tbsp lemon juice
-2 heaping tbsp tahini
-2 tbsp olive oil
-1 tsp sea salt
-pinch of cayenne (optional)
One Simple Instruction!
1) Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
REMEMBER SAFETY FIRST! DON'T CHOP OFF YOUR FINGER LIKE I DID!