SOME SWEET SWEET FACTS ABOUT RAW HONEY
-raw honey is unpasteurized, unheated, pure unprocessed honey
-raw honey contains many vitamins,enzymes and antioxidants which are destroyed during pasteurization and heating.
-raw honey is like taking a vitamin: that's right vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C....and minerals like magnesium, potassium,calcium, sulfur and phosphate!!! WOW.
-like many fruits the sugars in raw honey become alkaline in the digestive tract
-contains the amylase enzyme which helps to predigest starch
-has antibacterial and antifungal properties (has been used to treat wounds for centuries)
-antiviral properties make it a great immune booster when flu season comes
***BUT REMEMBER - THIS IS RAW HONEY NOT PASTEURIZED HONEY!
Zucchini Muffins (Makes 12)
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-4 tbsp chia seeds
-1 2/3 cup whole spelt flour
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp all spice
-2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup crushed walnuts
-2 cups shredded zucchini
Instructions: *preheat to 350
1) Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a bowl (banana,eggs,honey,maple syrup, vanilla,coconut oil).
2) In a larger bowl combine the dry ingredients (chia,flour,cinnamon,all spice, baking soda, walnuts).
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
4) Add the zucchini to the mixture and stir until it is well distributed in the batter.
5) Pour batter into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.
6) Place in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
7) Take out of the oven and let them cool until you are able to handle them.
8) Have a tea party Mad Hatter Style............