Thursday, April 19, 2012

TEA TIME WITH MALAKAI

Tea parties have always been on my happy list. I used to have what I called "midnight tea parties" regularly however I can't stay up that late on a regular basis anymore and so I have to settle for afternoon tea. Wow I'm getting old quickly. What I love about tea time is that there are so many teas and you can make so many yummies and thus you never get bored. Check out the video below from Alice in Wonderland - they seriously don't seem to ever get bored. Today Simon had his first exam (I'm already done hehe) and so I made exam prepping tea time snackeroos. Continuing on our zucchini theme from yesterday I have created the most wonderful zucchini muffins. In almost all of my baking I use raw honey as my sweetener. Raw honey is one of the best sweeteners you can choose and it is seriously sweet. Consuming pasteurized honey is almost equivalent to using white sugar but consuming yummy wholesome sugars from raw honey can be good good good. I am quite pleased with these zucchini muffins they have definitely made my tea time list.

SOME SWEET SWEET FACTS ABOUT RAW HONEY
-raw honey is unpasteurized, unheated, pure unprocessed honey
-raw honey contains many vitamins,enzymes and antioxidants which are destroyed during pasteurization and heating.
-raw honey is like taking a vitamin: that's right vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, C....and minerals like magnesium, potassium,calcium, sulfur and phosphate!!! WOW.
-like many fruits the sugars in raw honey become alkaline in the digestive tract
-contains the amylase enzyme which helps to predigest starch
-has antibacterial and antifungal properties (has been used to treat wounds for centuries)
-antiviral properties make it a great immune booster when flu season comes

***BUT REMEMBER - THIS IS RAW HONEY NOT PASTEURIZED HONEY!


Zucchini Muffins (Makes 12)


Ingredients:

-1 banana mashed
-2 eggs
-1/2 cup raw honey
-1 tbsp maple syrup
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup coconut oil
-4 tbsp chia seeds
-1 2/3 cup whole spelt flour
-2 tsp cinnamon
-2 tsp all spice
-2 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup crushed walnuts
-2 cups shredded zucchini

Instructions: *preheat to 350
1) Mix all of the wet ingredients together in a bowl (banana,eggs,honey,maple syrup, vanilla,coconut oil).
2) In a larger bowl combine the dry ingredients (chia,flour,cinnamon,all spice, baking soda, walnuts).
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
4) Add the zucchini to the mixture and stir until it is well distributed in the batter.
5) Pour batter into 12 greased or lined muffin tins.
6) Place in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
7) Take out of the oven and let them cool until you are able to handle them.
8) Have a tea party Mad Hatter Style............

video

Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...