Last night I got back from a wonderful visit at Kripalu. It was a very long bus ride and when I arrived it was raining and cold - this morning it actually snowed! This weather would have put me in a very bad mood however I am a very lucky girl and went from this.........
|Beautiful Home - Gerber Daisies from Simon|
TIP #1: HAVE A LIST OF SIMPLE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGER TIPS SO THAT YOU CAN WHIP SOMETHING UP IN A JIFFY! LIKE THIS ONE:
SWEET POTATOE LATKES WITH APPLE SAUCE (makes 6)
-3.5 cups grated sweet potatoe
-1/4 cup almond flour
-1/2 tsp tumeric
-1/2 tsp cumin
-1 tsp herbamare / sea salt
-1 tbsp olive oil
-1 tsp cinnamon
1) Mix the sweet potatoe, eggs, almond flour, tumeric,cumin, herbamare/sea salt and olive oil in a large bowl until thoroughly combined.
2) Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a little bit of oil to the pan. Scoop a large scoop of the sweet potatoe mixture onto the pan and form with a spoon or spatula into a circular shape. Wait for 3-4 minutes until the bottom side has browned and then using a long spatula flip and let cook for another 3-4 minutes on the other side.
3) Repeat step 2 until the mixture is finished.
4) Serve with sauce on a bed of baby spinach.
1) Cut up the apple and put it in a small pot with a little bit of water and bring it to a boil and then simmer for a few minutes until the apples are soft.
2) Pour out a little of the water and transfer the apples with a small amount of water to a blender with the cinnamon. Blend until smooth and use as topping.
Try it out, more simple recipes to come!