Tuesday, April 17, 2012

SPIRALLY MANGO MADNESS


I am done exams and am I ever happy that this semester is over. To celebrate I've made some spirally mango madness! Now these are not regular noodles, they are veggie noodles made with my spiralizer! I'm not sure if that is what they are actually called but it makes things into spirals so that's what I'm going to go with. I love my spiralizer only because I think that things that look pretty also taste a whole lot better and this little contraption makes things into all sorts of fun spirally shapes. The best use I have found for it is zucchini noodles. This is a light recipe and really good for a spring/summer dinner or lunch. Spiralizing things is just so much fun that I seriously recommend purchasing one of these babies. Mind you, if you aren't ready to jump into the greatness that is spirally food I have given you an alternative below for making this recipe if you don't have one. I have some super food greatness to share with you this week so keep checking back and next week I am off to kripalu - one of my favouritest places in the entire world for a whole foods program and will be sure to have some fabulous new information and recipes to share.

ZUCCHINI NOODLES WITH MANGO SAUCE

Tools:
1 spiralizer
(if you don't have this nifty tool you should get one cause it's amazing! I'm kidding but really its worth it! If you don't have one you can use a carrot peeler and peal the zucchini into strips instead.)

Ingredients: (makes 2 big servings)
-3 zucchinis
-1 mango
-1/4 cup cilantro
-4 tbsp olive oil

-1 tsp salt
-goji berries
-cashews

Instructions:
1) Have some fun and spiralize the zucchinis. Put on the song posted below and dance a little.
2) Make the sauce by blending the mango, cilantro, olive oil and salt together in a blender until smooth.
3) In a large bowl mix the sauce in with the zucchini noodles until they are completely covered in mango goodness.
4) Divide the noodles into two bowls and top with a sprinkle of goji berries and cashews.
5) Stare in awe of your creation - good for you never looked so yummy!
6) Eat up - lady and the tramp style.





And here is a fun little tune to make your day sparkle :)
JOSHUA RADIN: VEGETABLE CAR!!!!!!
video


Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...