Tuesday, April 10, 2012

SIMON EATS CHOCOLATE


A Guest Post By Simon:
Growing up peanut butter cups were one of my favourite snacks. Since then my palette has matured and I seek higher quality and tastier treats. As I was trying to make my own peanut butter cups I realized that most of the ingredients required weren't allowed in my kitchen. I searched the pantry for "Malakai Approved" items and found exactly what I needed. Through much experimentation and the help of Meghan Telpner's recipes I have perfected the Peanut Butter Cup! The Simon version far surpasses the Reese's version. Yesterday I made 12 and now there are only 2.

SIMON'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS (12 ish)

Chocolate
1/2 cup cacao
3 tbsp cacao butter
1/2 cup coconut oil
3 tbsp honey

Filling
1/4 cup Peanut Butter (I made my own: blend 1 cup peanuts with 3 tbsp olive oil)

*12 small muffin cup inserts


Instructions:

1) Combine all chocolate ingredients in a metal bowl and place it on top of boiling water on the stove to create a double boiler. Mix until liquified.

2) Place muffin cup inserts into a muffin tray. With a spoon, pour just enough chocolate to cover the bottom of each muffin cup. You should use less then half of the chocolate mixture for this step. Place the tray in the freezer until hardened (about 10-15 minutes).

3) Take the tray out of the freezer and scoop a small amount of peanut butter (about 1 tsp) onto the center of each chocolate base. Spread the peanut butter as thin as you can but make sure it doesn't go all the way to the edges of the chocolate cup. Place the tray in the freezer once again for about 5 min.

4) Take the tray out of the freezer, reheat the chocolate mixture if necessary and pour the remaining chocolate onto each cup covering the peanut butter. Place in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until the chocolate has hardened. Keep the cups in the freezer until serving time.

5) EAT. LOTS.

This has made me hungry and I'm going to have to leave now so that I can finish the last two before Malakai gets to them.

Simon





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...