A recipe for the weekend! Much more filling and nutritiously loaded with goodness then your every day pancake. Enjoy!
A NOTE ON HEMP PROTEIN POWDER:
Hemp protein powder is fantastic! I think everyone should switch from Whey to Hemp! Hemp protein is easier to digest than soy, contains all eight essential amino acids, contains high amounts of omega 3, 6 and 9 and is a great source of iron and calcium.
*with quick homemade apple sauce
-1 ripe banana
-1/2 cup keifer or yogurt
-1/4 cup water
-1 tsp vanilla
-1/2 cup spelt flour
-1/2 cup buckwheat flour
-1 tsp baking soda
-1.5 tsp baking powder
-1 tbsp hemp protein powder
-1 tbsp ground flax
Quick Apple Sauce Topping Ingredients:
-4 apples (peeled and chopped)
-4 apricots (brown not orange! these are ones that aren't treated with sulphites)
Instructions for Pancakes:
1) In a small bowl mash the banana and then mix in the egg, yogurt, water and vanilla. Set aside.
2) In a larger bowl mix the flours, baking soda, baking powder, help protein and ground flax.
3) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
4) Heat a pan on medium heat for a few minutes. Melt 1 tsp of coconut oil on the pan before pouring a small portion of the batter to form pancakes. Wait until the pancakes begin to brown around the edges and bubble in the middle and then flip and continue to cook for a few more minutes.
5) Continue step 4 until all the batter is gone.
6) Top the pancakes with the quick apple sauce below, some chia seeds, hemp seeds, goji berries and walnuts. Serve and Smile.
Instructions for Quick Apple Sauce Topping:
1) Bring a pot of water to a boil and place the chopped apples and the apricots into the pot.
2) Simmer for about 10-15 minutes until the apples are very soft.
3) Drain the apples and apricots and transfer them to a blender. Blend until relatively smooth and transfer to a bowl.