It was a rainy today and so this afternoon after I got home from teaching two yoga classes I made dessert! Pretty Perfect Pear Tarts! They are yummy. 1/2 raw 1/2 not...and they are super easy to make. I even made a video to show you how! I'm off to Kripalu tomorrow for a super fun filled week of nutrition goodness .... I am going to try to post lots of yummy info however, if I miss a day or two I apologize in advance.
PEAR TART! (Makes 12)
-1.5 cups soaked almonds
-4 pitted dates (chopped)
-4 dry figs (chopped)
-2 tbsp coconut oil
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 tsp salt
-3 pears chopped
-1/3 cup goji berries
-1 cup water
1) Combine soaked almonds, chopped figs and dates, coconut oil, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a high power blender or food processor and process until smooth. *You may need to add up to 1/4 cup water to help in the blending process.
2) Press a heaping tbsp of this mixture into lined muffin cups making sure to cover all the edges and the bottom so that it looks like a crust.
3) Put the crusts into the fridge or freezer until fairly hardened (45 min - 1.5 hour in the fridge)
4) In a medium size pot stir together the pears, goji berries and water. Bring this mixture to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes or until the pears are soft.
5) When the pear mixture is finished transfer it to a bowl and mash with a potato masher to mix it up a bit.
6) Place the pears in the fridge to cool for about half an hour.
7) Take the crusts and pears out of the fridge/freezer and scoop the pear mixture into each crust, filling it to the top.
8) Put in the fridge for another 10-20 minutes.
9) Serve with a little tofu cream!
-1/2 block firm tofu (chopped)
-4 tbsp lemon juice
-2 tbsp raw honey
-2 tbsp sucanat
-1 tsp vanilla
1) Mix all of the ingredients in a high power blender until smooth.