Friday, April 20, 2012

C IS FOR COOKIE

Earlier this week I came out of an exam feeling not so great, I hadn't studied as much as I could have and was not at all impressed with the outcome of my test. I called my mom in a little bit of a tizzy --because, well - I don't like to fail at anything! I told her that I had done so badly on that exam and that it would probably bring my grade down to a C. She replied, "C is for Cookie that's good enough for me, C is for Cookie that's good enough for me, Cookie Cookie Cookie starts with C." This was probably the best mother moment ever and it made me feel instantly better. I made some cookies in hopes that when I eat them I will remember that I don't have to be perfect and I don't have to be the best at absolutely everything because sometimes C can be good enough for me. These cookies are definitely good enough for me: they are loaded with oats and are wheat free and very low in gluten! 



C IS FOR COOKIE -COOKIES FOR MY MOMMY
Ingredients:
-1 1/2 cups whole oats (blended into a flour in a food processor or blender)
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-pinch of salt
-1/3 cup sucanat (raw cane sugar)
-1 tbsp cinnamon 
-2 tbsp coconut oil
-2 tbsp raw honey
-2 tbsp yogurt or keifer
-1 egg
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/3 cup raisins


Instructions: *preheat oven to 350 degrees
1) Blend the oats into a flour like consistency in the food processor or blender.
2) Pour the oat mixture into a bowl and add the baking soda, salt, sucanat and raisins and mix well.
3) In a separate bowl mix the coconut oil, raw honey, yogurt /keifer, egg and vanilla and beat until completely mixed. 
4) Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
5) Grease a cookie sheet and take a heaping tablespoon from the cookie dough to form a small ball (it doesn't have to be perfectly round or anything).
6) Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until the bottom is browned. 
7) Cool on a cooling rack.
8) Consume. 

Enjoy!!!!!

video

Love,
Malakai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...